Frequently Asked Question
If you have a battery that does not seem to charge, the Battery Management System (BMS) may need to be reset.
The following are instructions for resetting the Battery Management System (BMS) of the battery.
Important: Make sure to complete every step as outlined below.
The following steps should be used to reset the BMS or recover the battery from a very low level:
- Disconnect the charger from the wall or power source.
- Verify the device is ready to be recharged:
- Make sure the unit is in an OFF or CHRG state for the switch
- If applicable, make sure the switch is set to the 'Internal Battery'
- Connecting the charger to the battery (with the charger not plugged into the power source)
- Connecting the charger back to the outlet (this resets the charger and the BMS in the battery).
- Verify the charger is in a 'SAVE' or 'Recovery' mode.
- Wait 10 minutes to see if the red flashing status light appears again.
- Repeat steps 1 through 6 above again if it does not fully charge. If the battery does not recover after trying the steps above three (3) times, please contact us.
The following is a quick reference image to resetting the BMS, the reference light indicators and the power voltage as a percentage of battery power.