Frequently Asked Question
In order to slow down the speed of the joystick with PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) enabled HoistCam platforms, the HoistCam's camera has to have turbo disabled. Below documents via a video and text on how to turn off turbo mode on an HD197 series HoistCam.
Turning off PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom) Turbo Speed
- Turn on Camera and VRB. If not paired, pair them again.
- Plug in joystick and verify it works by moving the camera.
- Press the following buttons to open the HoistCam camera's on-screen display menu.
- Your selected option is shown in gray lettering, you can navigate the menu using the joystick.
- Down on the joystick moves the cursor down the menu options
- Up on the joystick moves the cursor to up the menu options
- Right on the joystick selects each menu option or changes them
- Left on the joystick backs out of any given menu
- Go to the menu "Dome Motion" menu
- Under "Dome Motion" go into the "General Setup"
- Go to "Turbo Speed" and move the joystick to the right to turn the setting off.
- Move down to "Save" and move joystick right to save this option.
- Exit out of menu by moving the joystick to the left. Once on the main menu, go down to "Exit" and move the joystick to the right.
- Test the speed of the joystick to verify that it is now moving slower.
Note: Some controls are programmed to the number pad. By clicking those buttons, you may activate a particular command.